Voices of Hope has found a location for our future Recovery Community Center in Elkton, Maryland. This building has enough space for our vision of a safe place for those seeking or who are in recovery. We have launched a crowdrise fundraiser to come up with the amount needed to get started. We will also be accepting donations in kind for the floors, walls, technology and aesthetics after we sign a lease!
Our vision of our Center:
- A place for training Peers for Certification.
- A place for the recovery community to have events.
- Enough space for 2 meetings to take place at the same time like Al-Anon/Nar-Anon and AA/NA or for a babysitter to watch children while recovery support meetings are happening.
- A safe space for youth, who self-identify as being in recovery, to be after school to hang out and help each other.
- A place to meet and coordinate with volunteers.
- A space for family grief support to support one another.
- Ultimately offering 24 hour support to the community.
This place is accessible from the bus route on 40. We have waited a long time for the right situation to appear. This may be it! Please support our campaign! All donations are tax deductible and truly appreciated.